[ACML] Finding Volunteers

Lucas Leverett conchair at mtac.net
Wed Feb 15 21:11:18 EST 2006

I think something that helps us about the Public Safety Department is
that it's head sits on the board of directors. He is involved at the
core level of the convention leadership and has a feel for where
"we're at". I added this Senior Director position to the now-9-member
Board for that communal reason, and it seems to have made it more
fluid. We don't get a lot of that bully culture out of them.

We are organized into the Senior Directors (who all sit on the
Board), and their subordinate Directors. Some of those have
Assistants. (It's the DragonCon system.) Under that are some of our
trusted Volunteers, but then there is also just the rank and file of
Volunteers. However, nobody is paid... just more trust and
responsibility. (Technically, the primary body of Public Safety is
paid, since they all belong to a performing group that also does a
show for us, and are given a general fee- but that pays the group and
not the people.)

Lucas Leverett
Convention Chairman
Senior Director of Facility Relations
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention
conchair at mtac.net
http://www.mtac.net

Please note that this communication may be regarded as confidential.