[ACML] Re: (ACML) Hotel Rooms and Otakon Dinner

Trisha Lynn trishalynn at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 13:38:58 EDT 2005

On 7/14/05, Anime South Chairman <chairman at animesouth.com> wrote:
<<I remember I once crammed 20 people into a Sheraton suite (not even
an official Otakon hotel that year).  Hotel Manager kept complaining
until I tipped the nice old lady who was cleaning our room $20.
Didn't connect the two incidents until the cleaning lady told me that
she told the Manager we had reduced it to only 5 people in the suite.
Go figure.>>

That's pretty slick.  I'm going to have to suggest that to my friends
who still do the "cram as many as you can into a room" thing.

And having done it before, I don't think that doing the cram thing is
an indicator that you don't have any business getting a hotel room at
a con.  Most of the people I know do it for that reason but also
because it's more fun to stay in a room with your (responsible)
friends and have late-night bull sessions.  Like a slumber party, for
two nights in a row.  Sure you get the occassional "Okay, why is the
door to the bathroom locked?" situation, but as long as signals and
such like that are worked out ahead of time, I see little to no
problem.

Having said that, I don't think I'll ever overbook one of my rooms
personally ever again, or do that sort of arrangement unless it's
under dire circumstances.  4 in a room is plenty for me.

--
Trisha Lynn
Director of  Guest Relations, Anime NEXT
trisha at animenext.org
www.animenext.org